This Mixologist Guide will serve as a reference to prepare your first creations. Examples of recipes are based on a quantity of 1 oz (30 ml).
Step – 1
- Make sure you have on hand all your accessories and ingredients.
- Preparing your base liquid without aroma, for example: beverage or food.
Step – 2
- Do your calculations for your recipe on the basis of 1 oz or 30 ml.
- Make sure you have a container of 1 oz or 30ml.
- A syringe graduated in ml or pipette 1 ml.
Step – 3
- Shake your base before use.
- Add one drop of aroma in 1 oz of liquid and mix well.
Step – 4
- Test, if the taste is not sufficiently pronounced, repeat with a new sample of 1 oz. This time, with the help of a graduated syringe add two drops of aromas.
- Shake your liquid (20-30 seconds) to diffuse aromas.
- And so on until the desired taste.
Step – 5
- Once the flavor level is achieved, simply multiply the number of drops per oz to the desired amount of liquid. Examples:
- For a 5 oz liquid, simply add 5 times 2 drops (10 drops).
- For a 8 oz liquid, simply add 8 times 2 drops (16 drops).
Step – 6
- If you are still new to this, we recommend that you start with a single aroma before trying mixtures, so that you understand how each reacts individually.
- Note your recipes (dosage, type of mixture and concentration) for future reference.
- Preserve your bases and aromas in a dry and cool place, away from light.
Enjoy the tasting!